Monday, December 6, 2010

Note/Drawing Books for Kids - Your Story Binder/Laminator



My grandkids are always asking for paper to draw and write on so I decided to make them their very own books.  The books are 5"x7".  I use heavy card stock paper for the covers.  I use typing paper for the inside. 

If you have a YourStory binder/laminator you can make these books easily.  Cut your cover card stock paper 1/2" bigger than you want your book to be.  Find the center of the paper and score 1/8" or 1/4" on each side of your center mark (depending on how much paper you put inside). Fold the creases. Use your glue gun and put a good bead of glue all the way down leaving a little area blank at the top and at the bottom.  Let the glue dry. 

Next, cut whatever paper you want to use for the inside of the book, about 1/4-1/2" smaller than the front cover.  Put your inside paper tight to the glued center of the book.  Turn your YourStory binder on and push the binder up arrow. When your YourStory is ready, put your book in until you hear the beep. Take your book out and set in the tray to cool. 

Put a ribbon on your book and add a nice little note and a few stickers on the first page for your little one.

Your little one will love having his/her very own book.

I also added a design piece of paper to the inside and back of the book covers and to the front and back outside covers.  Let your imagination go with designing this book.  Add some Christmas pencils and you have a nice stocking stuffer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are gonna love them as well! I can't wait to see all their drawings in them and they are so nice i will be able to keep them to look back on as they get older.
we love you mom!

THEBUZYBUG said...

Cute idea! TFS...Bug Hugs!

Debbie's Dooie's said...

These are precious. I just bought from HSN the your story bookbinder but mine is not the laminator. Will mine be any good? I didn't see this laminator one and I thought this was something new.I only want to do small ones so I don't mind it is is not larger but wondered what you thought.

Evie said...

Debbie - I put a message on your blog. Yes, your new binder should do this with no problem. If you don't have a glue gun, you can buy the glue strips and put them in your book. I think Custom Crops.com sells the glue strips. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, join my blog by clicking on FOLLOW to keep up with my new projects. Have a great day! Happy Holidays!

camlin said...

Nice creative idea. Kids will love these drawing books.